Razer releases new Kishi V2 mobile game controller for Android, iOS version coming this year
What do you want to know
- The Razer Kishi is one of the best mobile gaming controllers currently available.
- On Wednesday Razer announced the Kishi V2 for Android and an updated controller with a host of improvements.
- The new version includes updated control mechanisms, new buttons and customization, as well as greater device compatibility.
- The Razer Kishi V2 for Android is available starting today, with an iOS version coming later this year.
As mobile devices become more and more capable, mobile games are able to further blur the line between themselves and “full” console and PC games. Many gamers are taking advantage of a growing range of mobile game controllers to get the most out of their phone, and Razer has been offering one of the best for quite some time.
On Wednesday, Razer officially announced the Kishi V2, an updated version of the excellent Razer Kishi released almost exactly two years ago. The new controller features a host of improvements over its predecessor to appeal to new gamers and existing owners, and aims to raise the bar again for the best mobile game controllers.
Some of the enhancements featured in the Razer Kishi V2 include:
- A more ergonomic and comfortable design
- Better device compatibility thanks to its USB Type-C port
- Improved “microswitch” controls inspired by the Xbox Razer Wolverine V2 controller
- Two customizable multi-function buttons
- New “Share” and “Razer Nexus” buttons to save gameplay clips or screenshots, or launch the new Razer Nexus mobile app
- New Razer Nexus app, replacing the old Kishi app, with game launch features, streaming capabilities and customizable settings for the Kishi V2
The Razer Kishi V2 looks like a great companion for Xbox Cloud Gaming users, though we’ll have to wait until we get our hands on the product to see if its advertised improvements really live up to their promises. The Android version of the Kishi V2 is now available for purchase from Razer and other authorized retailers for $100, with an iOS version slated for release in fall 2022.
Razer Kishi V2 for Android
He is back
The critically acclaimed Razer Kishi returns with a vastly improved V2 model, which features improved ergonomics, superior device compatibility, and even better controls. The Android version is available now, with an iOS version coming later this year.